What is Bible Journaling?
Bible Journaling is your creative response to the Word and transforms the way you engage with Scripture. It’s a creative way to get in the Word, learn, and grow. Despite what others say, there are no rules! So if you’ve ever fallen asleep reading your bible or felt that it was more work than joy, you must give it a try.
Bible Journaling Supplies
You don’t need much to begin bible journaling. Actually, all you need is a bible and a writing instrument. Simply read the passage and draw what comes to mind. You can draw what you’ve learned, how you feel, or anything. Again, there are no rules, no mistakes, no right and no wrong. This is your personal response that you can choose to keep private, consider as an act of worship, or share with the world.
If you decide to go beyond a writing instrument, please visit our store for recommendations in all of these categories:
- Digital Images
- Die Cuts
Regardless of your Bible journaling purpose, remember one thing…you don’t need artistic skill. The only requirement is that you take the time to be with your Savior and respond accordingly.
Bible Journaling for Self
Have you ever felt numb and alone? Perhaps your walk isn’t where you want it to be. I felt, and often feel the same way. But, when I open up my bible to read the word and begin bible journaling, I feel a sense of peace and joy as I reflect on his word. I respond to the message through bible journaling, creating beautiful, and sometimes not so beautiful pictures. Every picture is perfect. Even when it’s not.
Bible journaling helps you learn, while at the same time, being creative outlet. It brings together all thing beautiful in scripture. There are three key elements to bible journaling.
- Your scripture reading – As you read your selected passage, consider what the message is saying. You may need to grab a commentary or concordance as you continue your study. They’re not required, but I find they help.
- Your response – After or during your reading, use the margins of your bible to draw what you’ve learned, how you feel, or any response you have. You can also draw in the middle of your bible, in a devotional, or in a separate bible journal.
- Your ministry – This is where you go beyond art. Your ministry can be sharing your bible journaling with your family and friends. Or perhaps you want to take it further and share it with the world via social media. Maybe you’ll even start a local bible journaling ministry of your own.
Bible Journaling for Evangelism
According to Mark 16:15
, we (as believers) are to go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. But, sometimes…let’s not kid ourselves…often…it’s difficult to evangelize. Bible journaling helps you start the process of sharing your faith. The more you share, the more opportunity you have to minister to others.
As you consider bible journaling for evangelism, consider how you’re called to share the Word. Here are a few ideas that you could incorporate into your bible journaling ministry:
- Share your bible journaling on social media
- Host a bible journaling group
- Teach others how to journal in their bibles
Free Bible Journaling Templates
We release one set of bible journaling templates every month to make it easy for you to start your bible journaling ministry. They’re free for the entire month! After the month is over, we release a new set and you can purchase the previous month’s kit in our store. If you want to make sure you don’t miss a set, be sure to sign up for our freebies!
Each set will have scripture to study and digital art to download. Simply print them out and have them handy for your group. If you prefer to have your group members print them out at home, just share our site with them. Our digital downloads are for personal and ministry use only. For commercial licenses, please contact us.
As you begin starting your bible journaling ministry, please reach out with questions. We’re happy to answer them!
About Bible Journaling Ministries
Bible Journaling Ministries reaches women in the midst of the busyness of life through free bible journaling devotions, digital images, tutorials, resources, and more. As society continues to pull away from God, we exist to make the journey more creative, more fun, and easy to share. Bible Journaling Ministries exists to be a trusted friend who understands the challenges life brings, comes alongside you, and encourage you as you grow closer to God.
Bible Journaling Ministries is about helping you succeed in ALL aspects of your life. It’s about pushing through the hard times, battling your demons, and making the choice to live life to its fullest potential each and every day. We want you to be happy, healthy, and confident in your journey to become the beautiful person GOD made you to be.
We live by the following four beliefs:
- God is the great I AM. He directs our lives, always.
- We believe that you can achieve your dreams, according to God’s will.
- We believe that you can learn anything; and when armed with the right knowledge and tools, you can accomplish your dreams.
- We believe that , you can have financial peace in your journey.
- We believe that by helping people achieve their dreams, relationships will flourish; and when relationships flourish, the people in those relationships thrive too.
- We believe that everything happens for a reason. Good and bad. When bad things happen, we believe that we don’t know enough about the situation and our eyes are not yet opened to the good that may come from it; good related to us or maybe to someone else.
Keeping the Ministry Alive
We don’t accept donations here at Bible Journaling Ministries. We fund all of our expenses personally and through money that we receive via affiliate links and purchases from our lovely customers.
We only recommend products that we love. If you purchase the product or service that we reference in on this site, Bible Journaling Ministries may receive an “affiliate commission.” We am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Regardless of whether we receive a commission, we only recommend products or services we believe will be good for our readers.