To join us this month in Psalms , simply use this article, grab the free calendar and mini-kit provided upon sign up at the bottom of this article, and get started! To join our Bible journaling family and share your thoughts and layouts head over to https://www.facebook.com/groups/BibleJournalingforBeginners.
There are multiple options to do the study. The devotional and kits are designed to help you take a deeper dive into the Word and start applying biblical principles to your life. They are not required, but they’re a fun way to grow in the Word creatively!
- Join Momentum – Momentum members get just about everything for only $25/month. Click here to learn more.
- Purchase the kit by itself -Purchase the devotional and kit for only $7. You’ll also get the How to Study Bible Topics Guide and worksheets. Click here to purchase.
- Free option – To get the calendar and free mini-kit, please scroll to the bottom of this article and register for our emails between September 1, 2022, and September 30, 2022. If you are on the email list and haven’t received it, please check your spam! The emails will begin sending out on the 1st!
According to usage data from Bible Gateway, the Book of Psalms is the most popular book of the Bible. Here are the Psalms we believe are the most popular (all verses in KJV translation):
- Psalm 27:4 – One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.
- Psalm 119:105 – Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
- Psalm 19:1 – To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
- Psalm 29:11 – The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.
- Psalm 1:1 -Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
- Psalm 139:13 – For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb.
- Psalm 37:4 – Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
- Psalm 103:1 – A Psalm of David. Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
- Psalm 46:10 – Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
- Psalm 46:1 – To the chief Musician for the sons of Korah, A Song upon Alamoth. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
- Psalm 34:18 – The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
- Psalm 139:1 – To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.
- Psalm 127:3 – Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
- Psalm 23:1 – A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
- Psalm 19:7 – The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
- Psalm 14:1 – To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
- Psalm 27:1 – A Psalm of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
- Psalm 9:1 – To the chief Musician upon Muthlabben, A Psalm of David. I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.
- Psalm 24:1 – A Psalm of David. The earth is the LORD’S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
- Psalm 51:5 – Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
- Psalm 110:1 – A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
- Psalm 91:1 – He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
- Psalm 51:10 – Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
- Psalm 119:11 – Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
- Psalm 20:4 – Grant thee according to thine own heart, and fulfil all thy counsel.
- Psalm 90:2 – Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.
- Psalm 2:7 – I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
- Psalm 19:14 – Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
- Psalm 139:14 – I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
- Psalm 23:4 – Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
One thing I have asked of Yahweh, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in Yahweh’s house all the days of my life, to see Yahweh’s beauty, and to inquire in his temple.
Yahweh will give strength to his people. Yahweh will bless his people with peace.
Yahweh is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves those who have a crushed spirit.
I will give thanks to Yahweh with my whole heart. I will tell of all your marvelous works.
May he grant you your heart’s desire, and fulfill all your counsel.