Joining the Where Are You God Bible Journaling Study
There is no charge for joining the Where Are You God bible journaling study. Use this article to start and grab the free calendar and mini-kit provided upon sign up at the bottom of this article. To join our Bible journaling family and share your thoughts there go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/BibleJournalingforBeginners.
There are multiple options to do the study. The devotional and kits are designed to help you take a deeper dive into the Word and start applying biblical principles to your life. They are not required, but they’re a fun way to grow in the Word creatively!
- Join Momentum – Momentum members get just about everything for only $25/month. Click here to learn more.
- Subscribe to the 2018 kits – New for 2018! You can get all of the 2018 devotionals and their corresponding kit as they release for only $52. That’s $1/Week. You also get the How to Study Bible Topics Guide and worksheets Click here to purchase.
- Purchase the kit by itself –New for 2018! Purchase the devotional and kit for only $7. You’ll also get the How to Study Bible Topics Guide and worksheets. Click here to purchase.
- Free option – To get the calendar and free mini-kit, please scroll to the bottom of this article and register for our emails before June 30, 2018. If you are on the email list and haven’t received it, please check your spam!
God is Here!
If you are experiencing the silence when you reach out to God, it doesn’t mean that you’re not a good Christian or that he’s left you. It’s quite the opposite. There are many reasons why you may feel disconnected from God, but just because you may feel the silence doesn’t mean that he’s not here.
Why is God Silent?
At some point in your life, you’ve probably wondered if God has forsaken you. You are not alone. When God is silent, it’s hard to muster up the strength to keep on keeping on.
But why is God silent? That’s a good question. One that only God can answer for your specific situation.
I can tell you that the universe is complex and only God knows why things happen that don’t make sense to me. I can’t simplify God by finding reasons for everything He allows (like Job’s friends did in the book of Job). Nor can I condemn God based on the evidence I don’t have (like Job did later in the book).
Read the book of Job. In Job 38-41, the Lord asks Job a series of questions about the earth, sky, and animals. It’s like an interrogation. By chapter 40, Job starts to get the point. Job doesn’t know what God knows. He doesn’t know how to run this world and shouldn’t condemn God for the way He runs it.
The author of Job never tells us why God allowed Satan to do what he did. We don’t get to know, which is an important outcome of understanding the book of Job. As believers, we are to trust God’s wisdom when we encounter suffering. We are to seek Him. Here’s how.
10 Ways to Find God in the Silence
- Know that God is Here: If you truly believe in God, know that He is with you. In fact, He never leaves you. Even in your darkest hours, He is with you. Trust that even His silence is an answer.
- Read God’s Word: If God is silent, it’s possible that He has already spoken to you through His Word. It’s important to read and meditate on the Bible, trusting in God to meet you objectively through His Word.
- Listen: As you read the Bible, ask the Holy Spirit to disclose what you need to do and seek to understand. As you read, take a few minutes to silently listen, letting your soul find peace and comfort in the silence. It is often that, through the silence, you’ll receive your answer.
- Pray: Prayer is a conversation between you and God. In prayer, we’re aligning our lives with God’s purpose. Even though He might appear to be silent about a specific petition or request, remember that God is always with us. He hears you.
- Gather: “Gather in Jesus’ name (Matthew 18:20)”. Gathering together in Jesus’ name, whether it’s in church or as a family, provides spiritual growth and accountability. Gathering together also adds power to prayer, often breaking through the silence, uncovering the answers we seek. “For where two or three come together in my name, I am there with them (Matthew 18:19-20 TEV)”.
- Recognize God’s Sovereignty: Many Christians today have lost the biblical perspective of the magnificent greatness of God. Nothing takes place without God’s knowledge and plan. He gave us life, we sinned, and He doesn’t owe us anything. That said, He remains steadfast, He keeps His promises, and He never leaves us. We need to respect that he may or may not answer us, but it’s important to be open to receiving his response.
- Examine Your Heart: Consider this – God may be remaining silent because what you’re seeking could take you down the wrong path. Trust that God will help straighten out whatever is going on in your life that has left you fearful or feeling lost. Ask Him to guide you and then let Him! Will you trust that God will lead you out of the desert?
- Renew your Mind: Take the time to receive God’s Word and evaluate your life. Are there things in your life that the Holy Spirit is calling for you to change? Whether it’s a path you’re considering taking, a character flaw, an addiction problem, or depression that’s having a negative effect on your life, take time to renew your mind, leaving yourself open to receiving God’s Word.
- Take Action: Take a step in the direction that he’s called you to. Perhaps you need to change something in your life, forgive someone, ask for forgiveness, stop doing something harmful, stop allowing something harmful to happen, or start something healthy. You must participate in the life you are given.
- Have Hope: I love the paraphrased Message(MSG) version of Jeremiah 29:11. This is God’s Word on the subject: “As soon as Babylon’s seventy years are up and not a day before, I’ll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
God knows what He’s doing. When you ask, Where Are You God, know that He is here. Use the 10 tips above to help. Then, be patient and trust in the Lord.
To get this month’s calendar and monthly freebies, complete the form below.
Free Bible Journaling Templates Every Month!
As a member of our VIP list you'll receive freebies at least every month. You'll also receive the latest Bible journaling news, updates, and tutorials!
Thank you! You're on the list! Please check your email to confirm your subscription.
Remember to open our emails every time we send them so our system keeps sending them to you!