What are the best Bible journaling Gifts? Christmas is just around the corner, and my husband is always asking me what I want for Christmas. While we don’t focus on the gifts much, I do want to make it easy on him (and others), so I polled the Bible Journaling for Beginner’s Facebook community to find out what they’d like to have. Can you guess what made the top spot? Scroll down to find out, but before you do…make sure you’ve entered our contest to win a fantastic set of Bible journaling how-to books.
Win 5 Fantastic Bible Journaling Books
Enter to win using the form below. You will be taken to another site to enter if you do not enable cookies on your browser. Good luck!
Win 5 Bible Journaling Books Valued at Over $70
The 10 Best Bible Journaling Gifts
#10 Best Bible Journaling Gifts – Gift Cards
Gift cards are so easy to buy, and they’re perfect for the person that’s hard to buy for. Here are the gift cards I recommend for Bible journalers. Please note that there are affiliate links in this post. You don’t pay more when you use our affiliate links and it really helps support us. Thank you!
- Amazon – http://amzn.to/2zKnkve
- Hobby Lobby – www.hobbylobby.com
- Lifeway or other Christian Bookstore
- Dollar Tree
- Mastercard, Visa, or Discover gift cards (purchase fee applies) – http://amzn.to/2zKnXVC
#9 Best Bible Journaling Gifts – Die Cutting Machine
I have a Brother Scan and Cut on my list this year. Mostly because I’m crazy busy and think that having the ability to scan a pdf into the machine and have it cut out the stickers will save me time. Don’t get me wrong; I love my Silhouette Cameo. I’ve had it since May 23, 2012, and it’s worked like a champ since day one. I’ve owned many Cricut machines, but Provo Craft was a bit behind the digital game when I switched to the Silhouette years ago. My Silhouette was $270 back in the day, and now you can get a better one for about $230. Here’s what I recommend:
- Silhouette Cameo 3 – This one is two generations after mine. I love mine, but this one is better! http://amzn.to/2zN4C6f
- Silhouette Portrait – The Silhouette Portrait is limited to cutting 8″x12″ http://amzn.to/2yOARyu
- Brother Scan and Cut (not design and cut) http://amzn.to/2ipz3Ws
- Cricut Explore Air™ 2 machine – http://amzn.to/2yRCxY9
#7 A Partner
Who wouldn’t want to Bible journal with a friend? If you have a friend that’s into Bible journaling, ask her over for some fellowship. You’ll build your relationship while building your knowledge and growing closer to God. It’s a win-win-win! If you’re having a hard time finding a partner, please consider joining our Bible journaling for Beginners community. It’s like having your own family of Bible journalers who are passionate about God!
#6 Best Bible Journaling Gifts – Bible Journaling How-to Books
Bible journaling in its present form hasn’t been around for very long even though note-taking in the Bible has been around for decades. There’s something amazing when your right and left brain work in harmony to bring the story to life, and you finally make sense of it all. Bible journaling helps you remember the lessons, the stories, and verses and makes it easy to explain it to all ages. But, you must start at the beginning if you want to do it and not “ruin” your Bible. I put “ruin” in quotes because I don’t think you can ruin the Bible if you’re using it for what it’s intended to be used for — to build your knowledge of the Word, grow your relationship with God, and spread the good news.
Here are a few How-to Bible Journaling books you might want to check out:
- The Complete Guide to Bible Journaling – You can watch my review here.
- The Art of Bible Journaling-You can watch my review here.
- Faith Journaling
#2, 3, 5, & 8 Best Bible Journaling Gifts – Bible Journal Supplies
Bible journaling supplies make the perfect gift. Let’s face it, supplies are expensive. A good pen set can set you back $7 for one or two pens! Supplies made it to my list this year too. I’d like a big bottle of Matte Medium to last the entire year. It would be great in my stocking (hint to my husband). Here are my favorite brands:
- Stickers and Washi tape came in at number two. Who doesn’t like washi tape? Illustrated Faith as a wonderful line of faith-based washi tape here.
- Pens and Pencils – Illustrated Faith Precision pens, Microns, and Faber Castell Pitt pens are my favorites! I’m slowly building my collection
- Stamps – I remember when faith-based stamps were hard to find. Now they’re starting to arrive at stores like Joann and Michaels. Hobby Lobby has carried them forever, but the selection keeps getting better and better. Some of the brands that I use include:
- Gesso – Dina Wakely or Art Basics Clear Gesso
#1 More Time to Bible Journal
More time to Bible journal is the leader of the best Bible journaling gifts according to a poll from our Facebook group of over 12,000 members. That makes a lot of sense. We are all busy, especially during the last quarter of the year. If you’re in retail or you deliver packages, it’s even worse. Not only do you have the stress of making end of year numbers, but you also have frantic shoppers, and packages to deliver. Of course, if you work in corporate, you’re busy too with year-end activities, planning, and hopefully a Christmas party or two. For moms like me, we’re attending school functions almost every week, and if we’re lucky, we may even bake a few goodies. But, truth be told, I’ll probably stop the by the bakery on my way to the cookie exchange. And no…I won’t tear off the label and pretend they’re mine. I’ll wear my “I cheated” shirt proudly because I’d rather be a little shamed than miss the gathering altogether.
If you’re looking to give your Bible journaler a little more time, here’s a few items that you might consider:
- Offer to take care of the kids for a few hours
- Do some or all of the Christmas shopping
- Put the labels on the Christmas cards, or better yet order them because she hasn’t yet
- Grab takeout
- Clean the house, hire someone to help, or tell her it looks just fine
- Order the gifts online with wrapping, and have them sent directly where they need to go
- Make or buy the cookies
- Remind her that she has to take something off her to-do list before she can add a new to-do
- Volunteer to set up for the Christmas tea and help clean up too
The entire poll is here if you’d like to see all of the results:
I’d love to know what’s on your wish list this year! Let me know what you think the best Bible journaling gifts are in the comments below.