In this tutorial, I show you how to create a gelatos background camping scene. To learn how to print stickers from a PDF file, read this blog post. Remember…you can always fussy cut your stickers as I demonstrated in the Beginners course.
How to Create a Gelatos Background
Here are the supplies that you need:
- Digital Kit – Psalm 119 Happy Camper digital kit available in our store.
- Sticker Paper – You can find the sticker paper that we used on Amazon using our affiliate link here: http://amzn.to/2ufbAP7
- Gelatos – Green Tea, Pistachio, Silver, Snow Cone, Blue Moon, Blueberry, and Gray.You can find an assortment of gelatos on Amazon or at most craft stores. Here’s our affiliate link: http://amzn.to/2tmTGpN
- Paper Towel
- Paint Brush
How to Use Gelatos
Gelatos are easy to use and don’t require page prep. You CAN use gesso if you want to, but I rarely do. There are many techniques that you can employ when using gelatos. But for this tutorial, we’re going simple! To begin:
- Always read your Bible first to get a feel for the message. Then decide what you want to do to help the message become more clear in your mind.
- Add color to the page by swiping your gelatos where you want them to lay down.
- Take a slightly damp paper towel and move the gelatos where you want them to go.
- Blend the colors together, but be careful not to make mud.
- I cut my paper towels into little squares and put them in a glass container.
- You may add more gelatos if the color is too faint, but make sure your page is dry before adding more. Otherwise, you may soak your page with water causing it to rip.
- Once dry, you can add details like shadows, grass, and trees if you’d like to.
- Embellish the page to your heart’s content.
Gelatos are one of my favorite mediums to use in my Bible. Do you like them? If not, what’s your favorite medium to use in your Bible?